Robert D. Martin
Robert is an Associate at Meridian Law where he represents both corporate and individual clients in their civil litigation needs. Robert's litigation practice includes non-compete/trade secret disputes, insurance defense, wage and hour defense, and breach of contract matters. Robert also practices in estate planning and contract drafting.
Robert is a graduate of Belmont University College of Law, where he served as Editor-in-Chief of the Law Review. During his time as a law student, Robert interned as a clerk for Tennessee Supreme Court Justice Jeffrey Bivins and United States Magistrate Judge John Bryant. He also interned for the United States Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Tennessee, where he focused primarily on workplace discrimination matters, and worked as a Research Assistant for Professor Lynn Zehrt.
When he isn’t assisting clients, Robert enjoys running, trying new restaurants, and spending time with his wife, Sarah, daughter, Alice, and their unusually large dog, Sam.
Activities & Affiliations
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Belmont College of Law American Inn of Court
- Notary Public - Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee (admission pending)
- The Modern Employee Policy Manual – NTCA Legal Seminar – November 13, 2017
- Tort(e)s and contract issues in a Wedding Setting – Tennessee Bar Association – March 29, 2017
- The Dos and Don’ts of being a Tennessee Landlord – Rutherford REIN – October 4, 2016
- “All You Need is Love, and a Good Lawyer” https://issuu.com/nashvillebarassociation/docs/nbj_0607_2017_final_web/8
- “Puppy Warranties and Lemon Laws: Tightening the Leash on Breeders and Retail Pet Stores.” https://issuu.com/nashvillebarassociation/docs/nbj_0607_2018_final_web/30
BELMONT UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF LAW